Civil Works Contracting is currently seeking an experienced, technically proficient, Federal Project Manager at Camp Lejeune/Cherry Point in North Carolina.
Candidates must have knowledge about every stage of the construction process from scope development to project closeout. Typical projects are both design-build and bid build projects typically ranging from $250K - $10M.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising construction to ensure an on-time, on-budget project execution with high quality and no safety issues.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Handle any issues that arise resulting from unforeseen conditions
- Effectively manage and build teamwork within project execution team
- Manage subcontractors through project completion
- Coordinate with Quality Control and Safety representatives
- Direct project activities to ensure conformance to project budget, plans, specs, and schedule
- Forecast project cash flow in relation to project schedule
- Track financial performance of projects
- Prepare project reports for management and clients
- Interface with Client
- Maintain our excellent reputation
- Manage overall project team activities
- 10+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with Army Corps of Engineers or US Navy required
- Management of Design Build and Bid Build projects
- Ability to help decipher and solve technical issues relating to construction
- Strong customer service ability
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Able to maintain morale within group and foster an environment of strong team spirit
- Support growth from within the company
- Ability to recognize personal shortcomings and be open to assistance
- Provide vision and motivation to team
- Strong ability to delegate and put trust in team members
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Maintain ability to see the big picture through the details
- Cost consciousness
- Be able to accept feedback from others and constructive criticisms
- Focus on quality
- Understandings of Business implications and decisions
- Ability to assist with strategic planning
- Excellent written, oral, and computer skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress, meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff and clients background
- US Citizenship, ability to gain security access and pass a drug test
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop alternative solutions.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills - Write and verbalize clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity- Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences. Promote a harassment-free environment, Build a diverse workplace.
- Ethics- Work with integrity and ethically; upholding organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals, Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments. Is polite, conversational, self-confident, comfortable to be with and non-assuming.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills- Has the ability to build effective teams, to inspire others to their best, and to coach and mentor. Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manage them to a successful conclusion. Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by third party. Embraces life-long learning and strives to stay current with new industry trends and practice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Camp Lejeune, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person